In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website.
However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
WHAT IS THE TIMELINE TO COMPLETE THE VIRTUAL EVENT?
Our Virtual 5K Run/Walk for Ovarian Cancer Research will take place this year from Sunday, September 27th - Sunday, October 11th. Completion of the Run/Walk can be done at your convenience anytime during this two week period.
IT’S EASY TO PARTICIPATE:
1. First, register for the event and join a fundraising team or create your own team. Let your friends and family know that you need their support and donations! You can direct them to your individual fundraising page that will be created as you register or www.facebook.com/mightymooseconcord/
2. Over the course of the two week period, complete your 5K Virtual Run/Walk in whatever way works for you – on the Mighty Moose course, a trail run, a walk with a family member - always keeping in mind the importance of social distancing.
3. Track your progress on our Run/Walk Facebook page and encourage others to join the virtual event. We want to hear from you and make it competitive! If you want, enter your results online via our registration page. You'll receive a reminder!
4. Show your support by printing out and decorating with MIGHTY MOOSE 5K Fun Run signs! Get creative virtually by posting pictures to your social media page, and you can always share it on The Mighty Moose Facebook page. Make it a family affair- hang it in your window, on your mailbox or front door. Snap a picture and share it with us on Facebook.
5. Share your “How You Run/Walk” with our Run/Walk family on Facebook by searching for @MightyMoose.org.
FORM A VIRTUAL TEAM
Create a team with anyone you choose. Students can participate by creating their own Virtual School Team! Or form a Virtual Neighborhood Team & join forces with your community. You may also choose to create a Family Team, a Team with Friends, or with your Coworkers.
Challenge your team to raise the most money to be eligible for Mighty Moose prizes!
Contribute to the event by sponsoring an individual, a team, or making an outright donation. Your donation is especially critical this year to fund ovarian cancer research and prevention. We need your financial support!
SHARE YOUR RESULTS
Post your success on Facebook and be sure to tag us (#MightyMoose) in your stories.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I've registered for the 5K Run/Walk. Now what?
Encourage others to support your 5K Run/Walk efforts, and invite your friends and family to walk or run with you!
2. Do I have to fundraise?
We don't require that you fundraise, but we encourage it, especially this year! Money raised is important to help Dr. Elias and his team at Brigham and Women’s Hospital develop novel testing capabilities for early cancer detection, which will make an enormous difference in the fight against Ovarian Cancer.
3. How do I collect donations?
The easiest way for donors to support you is by visiting the registration page to donate online using a credit card. This can be accessed through our event site https://runsignup.com/mightymoose5k/donate or through your individual fundraising page URL. Donations are also accepted by cash or check. Have donors make checks payable to Mighty Moose Foundation, Inc. and make sure that they note your name in the memo area. Checks can be mailed to Mighty Moose, Attn. Barrett Ladd, 179 Indian Pipe Lane, Concord, Ma 01742.
4. Are kids of all ages welcome to participate in the Run/Walk?
YES! This is a family-friendly event. We have a saying - you can Run, Walk or Stroll(er). Please consider inviting your family, friends, and work colleagues to this virtual event. Please keep in mind the importance of social distancing during this pandemic.
5. How can I stay updated and/or share my Run/Walk stories?
Simply follow us on Facebook by searching @MightyMoose5k and tag us with #MightyMoose5k. We want to hear your stories and share them with our Run/Walk friends. Together, we can motivate and help each other.
6. What should I do if I have any questions that weren't answered here?